This bundle includes both parts of the Prickly Pear Therapy & Training Neurodiversity Workshop Series, including:
Pt. 1: Neuroaffirmative Approaches to Trauma Therapy for BIPOC Clients:
Part 1 will discuss the framework and components of commonly used trauma interventions (RO-DBT, DBT, ACT, SE) and their use, when appropriate, including adaptations of these interventions to individual needs from an affirmative perspective.
- Attendees will build an understanding of contextual factors that are necessary to consider in therapy.
- Attendees will learn strategies to build a collaborative, non-judgemental, flexible, and validating environment for their clients.
- Attendees will learn the adaptations needed to provide neuroaffirmative therapy services.
Pt.2: Ethical and Neuroaffirmative Assessment for BIPOC Clients:
Part 2 will discuss the framework of an affirmative approach to the psychological assessment of neurodivergent individuals. This presentation will discuss core principles of neuroaffirmative care and considerations and implementation of these principles, including commonly used measures, accessibility, intersectionality, recommendations, and accomodations.
- Attendees will build an understanding of contextual factors that are necessary to consider in a neuroaffirmative assessment.
- Attendees will learn strategies to build a collaborative, nob-judgemental, flexible, and validating environment for their clients.
- Attendees will learn the framework needed to provide neuroaffirmative assessment services.
Get the CEU Add-Ons for These Workshops